Saturday 18 June 2011

Been a while

Lets see, last post was hinges, so what have I done...

Firstly, the black door is now on, and looks good!













Fixed that courtesy light switch I broke with the door.

Whilst adjusting my steering wheel, managed to trap a wire from the wiper switch blew the relay for the intermittent, wash wipe and park for the wipers. Got pretty good at parking them by guessing though. New relay in and that was fixed.

Snapped the bonnet release cable, new cable in, replaced the bolt on the clamp and that sheered off, here's hoping I don't have to replace that again.

Got my reversing light switch replaced after it being broken for about 3 years. Then had to re-wire to the back of car, as when the rear x-member was replaced my dad managed to put an angle grinder through the cable, or so we think. Anyway, that's working now too.

Removed the side steps from the car, so they can be ground back and re-sprayed. Also moved the CB aerials to the back of the car, but now got to make some new cables for them as they're too short.

All in all, I've been quite busy, and still lots to do!

As promised, here's the pics of the hinges, as well as some checker-plate sills I found.

No comments:

Post a Comment